Blog Guidelines

Blog Guidelines

This blog is a way for us to share our ideas and our learning with other people in our school, our community and around the world. It is very important that we understand how to use the blog and the internet in a secure way.

For us to have a purposeful and safe blog we must remember the following guidelines:

Only use your first name when blogging.

• Anyone from around the world can see our blog through the Internet. It is important that you do not put your last name on the blog so strangers don’t know who you are.

Parents who use the blog should also only use their first names.

• Parents should only use their first names so they don’t accidentally identify their child in the blog.   (Please post comments as “Sarah, (John’s mum)” or “Danny, (Megan’s dad)” etc.)

NEVER give out any personal information.

• You should never give out information like where you live, email addresses or phone numbers.

All comments on the blog are approved before being published.

• All comments are screened before posting to make sure that there are no negative or inappropriate comments going onto the blog. If someone posts something that the teachers do not want others to see, we will not publish it to the blog.

Be friendly, helpful and polite.

• Only post comments that are positive and friendly. Never post anything that could upset someone who reads it. Start your comments with Dear… and end with Regards, or From…

Remember to do your best writing.

• Even though you are commenting on the Internet you still need to do your best writing. Remember to use capital letters and punctuation like full stops and commas. Don’t use text talk like m8, thanx or l8er and most of all check your writing before you post it. Remember everyone can read it so make it the best you can do!

Be aware of copyright.

• Remember you can’t just use anything from the Internet and call it your own. Make sure you only use copyright free images, songs or text.

Have fun and share, share, share!!!

• Enjoy reading our blog and making comments/posts. Don’t let the guidelines stop you from commenting!

7 Responses to Blog Guidelines

1. Terry- Viviens' Dad says:

I hope all participants and spectators alike had a great time Friday night at the Fashion Show. More importantly, here’s hoping you all slept in on Saturday morning to be bright eyed and bushy-tailed for Monday morning school.

2. Armen says:

I hope everyone had a good holiday. From Armen.

3. Georgie says:

Hi my name is Georgie,
    On the holidays I went camping with my friends.
    There was this cool park with this big big swing. We went on it
    every day. We always stayed up till 9.30. When we were having dinner
    we always sang songs and stood on our chairs.

4. kaitlin says:

I love the video of the duck family

from Kaitlin

5. Jessica S says:

Hey guys, missing you so much!

It is Jessica S all the way from Dubai. I have heard that Mrs D has been wanting me to come and swim and race for you guys. I have been missing my favourite teachers and all of my lovely friends so much.

Love you all heaps!

From Jessica

6. Christina says:

Hi everyone,

This is Christina. On the school holidays I want to go to the city with my family and stay for two nights. When we are there I will buy some souvenirs.

From Christina