Inquiry and Young Vinnies

Inquiry

This week the children have been busy learning how to present their family stories.

There were six ways children chose to present.

1. Public Speaking
  2. Story Telling
  3. Slide show
  4. Models and dioramas
  5. Posters
  6. Puppets

Although it was challenging for many students, most were able to think of creative ways to share their story.  We hope this opportunity has given the children the chance to be more independent and responsible for their own learning.  When children explore their ideas in a variety of ways they can feel a sense of achievement and success.

St Vinnies

Image result for young vinnies

In religion we have been investigating our parish community and how we can support people in our community.  The children want to help support the Winter Appeal in any small way they can.  So maybe at you home you can look around and find some items of clothing or blanketing to bring along to school. Click here for more information about Young Vinnies.

Questions this week:

How did you feel in Inquiry this week?  Did you like getting to make your own decision about how to present?  Do you like this type of learning?

What improvements would you like to see if we did it again?

What was challenging?

Do you think helping support St. Vinnies is a good idea?  Do you have a clever idea that we could try?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Inquiry and Young Vinnies

1. emily bradshaw says:

I LOVED CHOOSING HOW TO SHOW MY PROJECT AND I LIKED BUILDING IT.
    EMILY.B

2. Luke Brown says:

Hello, I liked this inquiry task because I liked making my model, and everyone liked my model because it was cool . I like this type of learning. Luke Brown

3. Ashleigh says:

Hi 1/2’s,
    I felt so excited about presenting my slide show at the expo. I was so proud of myself because I really worked hard on it and I hope the mum’s and dad’s liked it too. My topic was toys and entertainment- past and present. It was all about my grandma and me growing up.
    I hope we can do something like this again soon.
    Ashleigh 1/2M

4. Charlotte.L says:

Hello 1/2’s ,

I felt so excited to do our project. I liked to make my own project. I did like this type of learning. I would make my background more colourful. It was challenging to search for the pictures.

From:Charlotte.L

5. Brenda says:

hi 1/2s,
    I hope that all the homeless people have warm clothe for the winter time and can help more people that are homeless and keep going so everyone in our community will be as warm, safe and happy. We really appreciate how everything is going well. Everyone wants to feel good about everyone and everyone feels good about there self and not ever be homeless. It’s good that more 1/2s are coming to this school community so less people have to be sad. We hope everyone in our communit is feeling joyful.

from Brenda

6. Seth says:

I felt joyful because I really want to help St Vinnies de Paul.
    I want to help them because it makes me feel good to help people who don’t have as much as I do. I really enjoyed this task and we should do it more often.

From Seth.G